9 Tips for Better Home Security
Your home is one of your most valuable possessions and a place to feel safe. Home security is more than protecting your belongings – it’s protecting your family, too. By practicing these simple home security tips, you can help keep your family and your home secure.
- Change the locks: When moving into a new home change all locks. You never know who has keys or access to the old ones.
- Proof your roof: Make sure that the roof of your home is fire resistant.
- Never leave a note: If you cannot be home to meet a delivery, family member, etc., do not leave a note indicating that you are not home.
- Know your neighbors: Getting to know those in your area can aid in the protection of your home. Whenever you are traveling or expecting a delivery let your neighbors know so that they can be on the lookout for activity.
- Social media: Don’t post to social media that you are taking a vacation until after you have returned from vacation.
- Lighting counts: Outdoor motion sensitive lighting can alert you if someone were to be trespassing on your property and also deter thieves. Also, having indoors lights on a timer makes the house seem occupied even when you’re not there.
- Landscaping: When you inspect your property, make sure there are no overgrown areas that would provide good hiding for would-be trespassers.
- Street numbers are important: Make sure your street number is clearly visible so you can be located easily in the case of an emergency.
- Install a home alarm system: This system will deter thieves and bring police to your home quickly should one make it inside.
Keeping your home and family safe doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. By using some of the simple tips listed above, your home can stay secure for years to come.
Top 10 Smart Home Technology Features
Use Technology to Make a Home Inventory
Homeowners Insurance and Social Gatherings
← Back to posts